Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mountains of Mist, a literate wolf role play forum. These packs are located in the foothills of the beautiful Mountains of Mist. The land is nearly magical in its' wildness, as untamed as the wolves that live here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woodlands RP

Go down 
+5
Kovara
HowlingWolf
Elrondra
Melorama
Tempest
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Koda had been scouting the footlands of these beautiful mountains for weeks. There was so much to see in the lush forest. He had been many miles in all directions of the place that he had decided to call home. To the east there was a large clear lake that he dubbed Diamond Lake which was divided by a steady flowing river named Fire River for the brilliant hues which lit it at sunrise. Hardwoods and evergreens that seemed to go on forever and teemed with a myriad of wildlife. Plenty of territory and plenty of food to support a healthy pack. And yet there was only himself so far.

The pale silver and cream wolf decided that he would expand his circles of exploration and see if there were others looking for a home. He would be back regardless, for this land called to his heart as no other. It's wildness and beauty were unmatched.

He set off from the small den that he had claimed as his own for now and traveled back through the mists which seemed to forever blanket the borders of his chosen home. He hunted when he was hungry, drank when he thirsted and always searched for others like himself... alone and looking for a better life.

Back to top Go down
https://mountainsofmist.rpg-board.net
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Saru trudged through the undergrowth, stepping over roots and small puddles. She shook her coat out and water sprayed across the tall grass. She had been walking all day, and was almost tripping over her feet in fatigue. Slowly, Saru made her way across the plain without tripping over her own paws. As she reached the end of the plain, there was the sound of rushing water. She pricked her ears in the direction it was coming from and picked up the pace.

The sound was getting louder until it was almost deafening. She reached the edge and looked up, it was a waterfall. The mist from the spray created a rainbow in the sky. Bending down, Saru craned her neck and drank from the flowing river, it was cool and refreshing against her parched throat.

She lifted her head up and let the spray from the water cool down her body. Saru backed up until she was about six paces away from the bank and focused her eyes on the far side. She ran toward the edge and leaped over the flowing river and landed gracefully on the other side.
Back to top Go down
http://willowofthewisps.webs.com/
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:46 pm

OOC- May I join this one?

The odd humming noise drew closer as Rogue ran from more trouble. She had found a carcass of caribou when a large bear decided to find it as well. Wanting to defend it, Rogue had used spiteful words and a few carefully placed nips to try and drive the bear away. Instead she had angered it to the point of revenge, and it was chasing her now.

Now Rogue could see the source of the humming. A large wasp nest. A wry grin spit her face as the plan quickly formed. She slowed down and the grizzly was soon on her heels. Carefully, she lured the bear towards the nest. When the grizzly's large body was under the humming wasp nest, Rogue leaped into the air, and kicked it free with her back left foot.

As soon as all four feet touched the ground, Rogue shot like a rocket into the woods, and away from the angry critters. Realization was slow to dawn on the grizzly bear. When it did, it was too late. The nest turned to the beast and swarmed it with angry stingers.

Rogue's laughter echoed through the forest. The bear would most likely live, but she had taught it a lesson. She changed course to return to the corpse she had fought for. The bear wouldn't be returning to it. After the wasps would finally leave, the grizzly would return to a cave and nurse its stinging wounds.

And why it was nursing, Rogue would be enjoying a hard earned meal. But of course, all her meals were hard earned.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:10 pm

(Welcome to both of you!)

Koda was several days out from his chosen territory and hadn't run into any other wolves as of yet. He wondered if his land was too secluded. He hoped not, for he was as in love with the land as any wolf could be. Sharing it with friends would make it perfect. His feet continued to wander as his thoughts did until new sounds came to his ears.

Looking around, the first was easy to pick out. A grizzly was running in a slow lumber, swatting at what appeared to be nothing and bawling in his deep and pained voice. Koda tipped his head to the side at the unusual sight. Must be bees or something... Then the second sound captured his attention. A waterfall. He vaguely remembered seeing one in the distance as he had traveled into the mountains. Suddenly, he had an overwhelming need to slake his thirst. Now was as good a time as any. With one last look at the bear, he laughed and turned towards the sound of the rushing water.

As he neared the water the temperature lowered by several degrees. The mist coming from the waterfall felt heavenly in the quickly warming afternoon. He approached the small river and lapped at the cool refreshing water. As he lifted his head from the water, a scent drifted to his nose and now that he looked, it was easy to pick out the prints near the bank. . Another wolf, female. They couldn't be far, since these marks were fairly fresh. Hopefully, the friendly type and not the fighting type. She might be long gone, but maybe she was still near enough to hear him. "Hello. My name is Koda," he called out to the woods surrounding him, his voice smooth and full of confidence.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:30 pm

(Welcome El!)

Saru stopped in her tracks as she heard a voice call out to her from behind. She flicked her ears and turned around and padded closer to the edge of the trees, the shadows hiding her but still just able to see her. "Hello Koda." her voice soft and sweet. "My name is Saru." She moved closer until he could see her fully. Her golden coat shining in the sunlight, slightly ruffled in places.

Saru lifted her nose to the air. This wolf is a male. Her paws continued moving her forward until she was right on the edge of the opposite bank. "What do you want?" Her soft voice was carried over the river by a breeze.

Saru eyed him wearily, her body tense ready to run if needed. She took in his shape, the way he held his head, and looked into his eyes. Must be an alpha. She realxed, but was still ready to bolt.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:45 pm

He smiled as she came into view, her golden coat shimmering as the sunlight caught it. "Hello, Saru. I am just looking to meet new wolves. I am new to this area and have claimed a territory to call my own." Her caution was clear to see, but her readiness was appealing to him. She was prepared for whatever may come, greeting or attack. That readiness to adapt was an excellent thing in a potential pack member. He sensed that she was a loner, but there was only one way to know for sure.

"I smelled no pack markings nearby. Are you a loner?" He didn't want to put her on edge, but he needed to know what he was dealing with. He too needed to be prepared for anything. He watched her body language as he waited for her reply. As he stood on the opposite bank from her, the mist from the waterfall slowly began to dampen and darken his own creamy coat. He ignored the wetness and simply looked at her with his golden eyes, ears alert and tail high.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Saru studied his posture and replied, "I originally came from a pack long ago, but I have been a loner for quite a while now." She decided to tell the truth, seeing as it wouldn't do any good if she lied. Saru shook the dampness from her coat as water splashed all over her making her fur stand on end. Her green eyes peirced Koda's golden eyes, searching for any signs of movement or body language that was either hostile or friendly.

After what seemed like a few moments, she deemed him friendly enough and relaxed her guard. Her ears were up but not as high as Koda's, and she held her tail parallel to the forest floor. She watched as the mist gradually made their coats a darker shade than they usually were.

She shivered slightly as another wave splashed over her. She backed up a few paces and took a running leap over the river. Her long slender legs making the jump easy as she landed on the other side. She padded closer to Koda until they were standing five paces apart.

Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

There were still a few scarce traces of mirth in Rogue's eyes as she returned to the carcass. The poor creature wasn't recognizable anymore, but the buzzards and crows swarming it didn't help. Racing at them, Rogue barked and growled up a storm.

"Eh you mangy birds! Scram, this is my meal!" She barked and nipped at them, leaping up in the air to pester any retreating bird. Laughing again, Rogue chased them away with a sense of enjoyment. "You cowards, coming in and snatching what other people worked for." She laughed again as a flustered crow tumbled off the carcass and flew away, the last of them.

"Good, stay away too!"

A dazzling smile that no wolf had before seen, spread across Rogue's face. She walked back to the carcass and observed it. There wasn't much left. But the few scraps still there would do for her.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

The male listened to her response and watched as she made a glorious leap over the river and walked closer. She exuded a certain confidence, but was careful to show respect to him. He liked her immediately. Perhaps she would be the first to join him in building his pack. He gave her a searching look when she stopped a few paces away. "Might you be interested in joining me in my travels?" If she accepted, they could both decide if they would continue and become pack members.

If she didn't stay he would be disappointed, but would continue his search. He did find himself hoping that she would say yes and perhaps become the first official member of his pack. She was strong and healthy, proving that she was capable and she showed respect as well. An Alpha could ask for little more. As he waited for her response he shook himself as well, turning his long and luxurious coat into a fluffy 'poof' as his fur stuck out in all directions. Somehow he managed to keep his air of confidence, but it was a much trickier thing while looking like a giant fuzzy pup.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:59 am

Saru stifled a small laugh as she watched Koda's fur puff out and looked at her own. It was just as fuzzy. Then she turned to Koda and hesitated with her answer. "I...I will join you in your travels." She looked into Koda's golden eyes with her green eyes, it felt like a month, maybe even a year before she looked briefly at the waterfall.

Why was she feeling this way? She had just met him, but still. Was this a normal feeling all wolves had? "Are there any other wolves in your pack?" Saru blurted out before she could stop herself. She averted her gaze from Koda's face and looked down at her paws. She felt a red blush creeping up onto her face, but atleast her fur was dark enough so he wouldn't see.

After a few moments she looked up and saw the forest was getting darker and darker. Soon it would be pitch black and they would have a hard time seing things. She shifted from uncomfortably, the wetness in her fur was making her start to shiver.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:10 am

Koda felt himself warm at her effort not to laugh. He must be a sight. His fur was a bit longer than average so he battled with this particular look every time he got wet. He shrugged mentally and laughed a bit with her, dipping his head slightly. He let his assertive posture lower, as they had established his dominance and there was no need to project it so strongly any longer. As he relaxed, he saw her shiver a bit. The sun was going down and they were both still quite wet. He addressed her being cold first. "Perhaps we should move farther from the river. I believe I saw a shallow cave on the way here. We can shelter there for the evening."

They shared a long gaze and he felt himself marveling at he uncommon green eyes. When she'd said that she would join him, his heart leaped in his chest. He gave her a genuinely happy smile with several waves of his extra poofy tail. "Wonderful!" He felt a small void begin to fill in, for what was an alpha with no pack, but a loner? He looked at her thoughtfully for a moment before answering her question, hoping that she wouldn't change her mind. "No others, as of yet. I have found the perfect territory and claimed it as mine, yet I've none to share it with. So here I am, searching for others like myself and you, hoping to build the foundations of a strong pack. " His brows furrowed, ever so slightly, hoping that she would stay knowing that it was just the two of them for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:48 am

Saru noted that Koda had lowered his posture into a more relaxed one now that they knew who the more dominant wolf is. She also noted that, as it got colder, the mist from the waterfall was beginning to get denser and began to cling to their fur, soaking them. "I agree." She said after a few moments of silence and a rustle from a branch above as a bird flew away. " If we stay here any longer we'll freeze our paws off." Her heart fluttered in her chest as Koda laughed and gave him a rare smile that only the closest wolves she had known have seen it and gave a few wags with her fuzzed out tail. Saru hoped that she didn't look to ridiculous with her fur fluffing out in every direction, but realised that maybe Koda was thinking the same thing.

As the sun dipped behind the mountains, the last few rays made her coat glow brightly, almost making it look like pure gold. Her eyes flicked back to the male wolf and sparkled. "No matter, we can search for other wolves to join us in our quest." A mischevious look crossed her face. "And on the way, you can tell me about the territory you have claimed. Unless you want me to see it first."
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:33 am

Her laugh washed over him and his worry slipped away. She would stay. He smiled broadly and waved his brush a few times. Quest. He liked the way she phrased that. "Wonderful! Let's get some shelter first," he suggested to the beautiful female. Koda gave another good shake to get the newly accumulated water off of his silver and cream pelt. Then he turned and led the way to the cave that he remembered from some weeks back. The last glimmers of sunlight were painting unusual colors on the trees and bushes as they traveled. Then shadows began to deepen and drift along the forest floor, before they finally reached their destination. It really wasn't very deep, so it was easy to see inside and note that it was empty and therefor safe. He paused at the entrance and indicated for her to go ahead of him with a small tip of his head.

When they were inside, he felt instantly warmer out of the slight breeze. He looked at Saru and asked, "Better?" He lay down in a proud sphinx-like position and gave her another smile. "As for my territory, it is through the mists in the foothills. It would be impossible to describe and do it justice, but I shall share a bit until you can see it! There are enormous hardwood trees that surround it and seem to go on forever. The dens are in the center with a quite a large cave that all can share with many smaller den sites nearby. Tall evergreens surround an incredible lake. It is quite spectacular, especially at the rising and setting of the sun. I spend a lot of time there," he admitted.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

As the warm sun kissed the horizon and cast a red glow on everything, Rogue realized it was almost time. The moon hung in the sky as a silver crescent, and a chill settled on the forest. As the daytime creatures retreated to their cozy dens and nests, the nighttime prowlers awakened.

This was the time when Rogue called out to the moon for answers. Growing up alone, she was attuned to the other kinds of animals. Their superstitions became hers, and she knew no better. When she was young, Rogue had overheard the owls speaking of the mistress of the moon. They had turned to the young Rogue and told her that if she sung up the mistress, she would answer Rogue's questions.

Ever since then, Rogue would sing her questions to the moon. And when the moon disappeared on the one night, Rogue would stay up all night; prowling the forest.

And now, as the sun let the moon take its shift in the sky, Rogue went to find a pleasant spot to sing. When she came across a small knoll near a river, she decided it would be good enough. Then, when the sun went to sleep and the only light was from the moon, Rogue began her eerie song.

In a beautiful yet spine chilling way, Rogue's questions echoed through the forest and into the sky. Sometimes it would become a soft lullaby, then shoot up into a powerful cry. Her song became a plead for why she was cursed, and if she would be free of her burden. Then a thanks for her survival and a blessing upon the forest. But when she plead for her curse to be lifted, it became a sad tune that tore at the heart.

When the last notes of her song faded into the forest, it had been two hours of singing. Tired, Rogue walked down to the river, and drank the ice cold liquid that soothed her sore throat.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:15 am

As the sun vanished, every breath that Saru exhaled became a cloud of fog that drifted up to the sky. She lifted her head up to the rising moon, it was casting a silver glow on the trees and bushes. The shadows were lengthening and became more darker and there would ocassionately be the sound of an owl hooting. She shook her coat again, splashing a few droplets onto the ground and the shrubbery around her.

There was a swift, yet gentle breeze that ruffled Saru's coat. Her eyes flicked to Koda, his set a slow but ground eating pace. She scanned ahead of her as they started to slow down, until both wolves came to a standstill before a den. She looked into it. There was a faint scent of fox, but it must have left months ago for it was almost gone. She looked at Koda as he gave indicated for her to go first. Making sure not to slip on the slope, she carefully entered the den.

The difference was noticable from the first moment. It was much warmer by at least a few degrees, and there was a small breeze coming from the back. She lay down facing Koda and listened as he explained the territory that he lived in. She remembered when she was in a pack, but that was long ago. With a small shake of her head to clear the thoughts from her mind, she turned to Koda. "At my old pack, we had a fairly sized lake. Whenever there was a sunset, I used to sit there, just watching it. But after what happened, the last time I-" She broke off as tears started to form in her eyes and drip down her face, she looked quickly away from Koda, not wanting him to see her cry. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, not wanting to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:05 am

Saru listened attentively to his little tale. When she spoke of the lake back at her old pack, it was quickly made clear the there were some difficult memories now associated with it. Her voice broke off and she turned away from him. Wanting to comfort his new friend, Koda rose and moved the small distance that separated them. He nuzzled her neck with his muzzle and licked the side of her face to comfort her. His pink tongue came away salty with her tears. He lay back down, this time right by her, but still facing her.

His voice was low and soothing as he said, "It will be all right. It seems that we both have pain in our pasts. Maybe someday you will be able to share it and it will be easier to bare." He didn't want to push her for it seeing that they had just met. Maybe some day though. He nuzzled her again and gave her a small smile.

Almost at that moment a wolf broke into a sweet sad song that spoke volumes of heartache and joy. The stranger poured their heart out to the moon for hours, it seemed. Koda was almost sad when the bitter-sweet song ended. Just hearing it had left his own emotions raw and open, but somehow it was uplifting.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:44 am

She leaned in closer to Koda and closed her eyes, as if he would stop all the memories from flooding back into her mind. The beta standing over the alpha and his mate, their bodies limp on the ground, his teeth shining red in the glow that the setting sun created. How he came at her, clawing and biting at her, leaving wounds and blood traces all over her. The pack surrounding her and the two dead wolves, his voice saying that she had killed them. The pack chasing her as she ran. Falling down, pain, then blackness. Her eyes flashed and she shuddered as the memories faded. "Thankyou, maybe someday, but not now." Saru murmered and gave a small smile. She wondered whether Koda had memories like she did? And if he was greiving for the ones he had lost?

Then she heard a sound, almost like a tune, echoing out across the forest. Like a song. The wolf would sing a soft tune, then it would become strong, almost cry-like. As she listened to it, the song pushed away all the bad memories, and filled her with happy ones. It seemed like hours before the sweet-sad song died away. She didn't feel so sad and angry anymore, like the song had helped her overcome those feelings. For now.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:56 am

He nodded, understanding. He wouldn't be ready to share yet himself. He had nothing to hide, but the pain was still too fresh. He also battle fiercely internally with a very strong guilt. Why had he survived when on other had? This thought ate at him daily. As the song ended, he let these concerns melt away. He lay his head down on his creamy paws and drifted asleep, pleased to have another nearby for the first time in too long.

The sound of birds singing came to him first. Their cheerful song greeting the day penetrated the haze of sleep and gently called him into the new day. He lifted his head and blinked his golden eyes to clear the haze from them. He hadn't slept that deeply since he'd come to these mountains. Once he was fully awake he felt amazingly refreshed and ready to attack the day. Saru was still sleeping and looked so peaceful that her left her there and padded outside quietly, intent on finding some breakfast for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:41 pm

A yawn escaped Rogue's lips as the morning sun warmed her pelt. Blinking her eyes open, she lazily looked around. The night before, Rogue had decided to just curl up at the base of the knoll, with her back to the wind. Nothing had disturbed her-- like a bear seeking for vengeance.

Rogue stood nimbly on her feet, then stretched her tense muscles--with another yawn, of course. But the drowsiness refused to dissipate. The sound of the river registered in Rogue's mind and she walked over to it. When she arrived, she almost second guess what she was going to do. The water looked freezing! It was unacceptable though, to go hunting why still drowsy. So before she could think about the shivers that would follow, Rogue leaped into the middle of the river with a loud splash.

Strange how quickly water wakes you. As soon as her head went under, Rogue was paddling for the bank. Numbly she clambered up onto dry land, water cascading off her. Rogue stood there, eyes wide. "That's cold," She said through chattering teeth. Starting with her head, and ending with a flick of her tail, Rogue shook the water off her; sending droplets soaring.

"Alright, I am definitely awake now." Yawns and dropping eyelids were a thing of the past as Rogue reentered the forest. Although she ate only yesterday, Rogue decided a plump rabbit would be good for today. In the back of her mind, Rogue briefly wondered where she wished to travel today.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm

He didn't want to go too far from the temporary den and leave Saru for too long. Didn't want to give her time to change her mind, he laughed to himself. He decided to head back to the river briefly for a drink before heading off for his hunt. When he got there he smelled a disturbance in the scent of the forest. Another wolf had been here, very recently. As the wind shifted slightly, the smell became stronger, more defined. His hackles raised, ever so slightly. He wanted to meet others, but it wasn't just himself now. He considered Saru as his pack and he needed to look out for her safety as well now. Hunting game could wait. For now, he would seek out the unknown wolf and see what they were up to.

Putting his sensitive nose to the task, it didn't take long to pick up the actual trail and follow silently behind. As the scent grew fresher, he knew that he was closing in on them. A flash of white up ahead caught his attention. She, for it was a fae, passed with elegant movement through the trees. He kept his attention on her, hanging back a bit. It was apparent that she was hunting and he had no desire to interfere with her success. He waited patiently in the forest, hidden completely from her view, for he suddenly had the desire to see her in action.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm

In the back of Rogue's mind, distant bells began to ring. They were annoying and she had no idea why they were there, so she shoved them to the side for now. But Rogue was not stupid. She was much more alert for anything that could have set them off.

Being wary and alert though, was lost to her when she smelled the deer. Rogue didn't anything so big, she knew. Although, it was spring. Fawns would be pretty numerous. It wasn't long until she was crouched low to the ground, peering through bushes at the four deer and two fawn. Rogue looked closely at the young deer, leaping around like they had no care in the world, no worries; as of yet. One though, had a slight limp to it--hardly noticeable. It had probably been caught in some hidden vine as they were running; twisting it painfully. Now though, it would work for Rogue.

Stark golden eyes wide and concentrated, Rouge waited a moment. A plan ran through her head. Well, hardly a plan. Just run it down. The one buck took three more paces away from the others. It was what she was waiting for. From a stock standstill, Rogue launched her self out of the bushes and towards the fawn. Snorts of surprised escaped the deer as they lurched away and ran into the forest. But Rogue was too fast, and in a matter of minutes she was upon the fawn. Taking a leap, she grasped its neck and twisted it till there was a snap.

Standing over the dead prey, Rogue glanced up to see the buck turning his antlers to her. All it took was a flash of teeth and a guttural snarl to send him running. Looking down at the still form bellow her, Rogue quietly thanked the fawn. "I don't always enjoy killing young animals you know," She said quietly to the fawn.

OOC- Sorry Bambi.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:17 pm

(The Circle of Life... )

Koda was impressed with her strategy in picking her target and her swift kill. It had been poetry in motion, seeing her pale form flying through the air. She'd sent the buck on his way easily as well. He couldn't help but wonder if she might be interested in joining him and Saru. A small pack to be sure, but a pack nonetheless. He waited until she seemed to be sated from her kill, not seeing any need to interrupt her hard caught meal.

Then he quietly stepped out from the nearby bush, his head and tail raised proudly. His golden eyes found hers and his voice cut off any fear of him stealing her meal. "Hello, I am Koda. Don't worry, I don't intend to impose on your meal. I merely wanted to introduce myself." His bright eyes studied her white form, noting her strength and apparent good health. She could take care of herself, that was obvious. Might she be interested in joining his pack? He would see how she reacted to his introduction first and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Never had a wolf boldly walked up to her and spoke before. No wolf had ever spoke to her before. News seemed to spread quickly of the cursed pale wolf. So it was a great surprise for Rogue when this wolf stepped out, looking so regal, and introduced himself.

There was one thing Rogue wasn't good at, and that was first impressions. Any earlier lightheartedness was gone as she spun on her heels and glared at this wolf, hackles raised and teeth flashing. Most wolves that came across her, tried to fight her or tease and mock her. Never had she had a good experience with a wolf before. So snarling at one was instinct to Rogue.

It took a moment for her to realize that this wolf--Koda had he said?-- was waiting for her to respond. And here and now, the first few words Rogue had ever in her life spoken to a wolf were: "Play no games with me, I know your kind."

Like it was said earlier, Rogue was terrible with first impressions.

OOc- Don't take offense. Its her way, she'll soften up.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:39 am

(No worries! Razz )

Koda blinked slightly at her reaction. But, in all honesty, he had expected some kind of defensive reaction with a fresh kill on the ground. When she spoke he considered her unusual words. They and her body language spoke volumes of the walls and distrust running through this female. He frowned a little at the thought of what could cause such an intense instinctive reaction as this. She had definitely been hurt, likely often by the steely look in her eyes.

He tipped his head ever so slightly to the side and said, "I don't know what 'kind' you take me for, but I play no games. I speak the truth when I say I will not steal from you. I am merely greeting a lovely unknown fae in a beautiful and unknown place. May I ask your name? It is only fair, since I have shared mine." He once again waited for her reaction. Aside from shifting his head, he hadn't moved a muscle in any way as if to prove his point that he intended her no harm.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:22 am

(Hey, you guys left me behind! Wink)

Saru's dreams were filled with pain and horror. Wolves surrounding them from all sides, pain shoot through her as a wolf clawed at her. Lightning, thunder, blackness. She gasped as she woke up, sweat covered her and she was breathing heavily. The sweet sound of birds singing calmed her nerves and she stood up, stretching.

As she exited the den, the bright light blinded her. Blinking, Saru noted that Koda had left atleast half an hour ago. She followed his scent, only stopping to listen to the music and take a small drink from the river. The early sunlight made pretty colours on the leaves and trees. Every now and then, there would be a rustle in the bushes, but she ignored it, as they were only mice or small birds.

His scent grew stronger every step she took, then a new scent appeared. It was from a fae, but not one she knew. She hurried into a lope, hoping to catch up to Koda and the other female. The steady sound of her paws hitting ground drew her into a daydream. There was all the faces of her old pack, her mother and father, her siblings. They were all doing the jobs set for the day. Hunters hunting, pup-sitters looking after the energy-filled pups. As Saru daydreamed, she almost crashed into a bush with prickly thorns. Steering herself around it, she focused on the path ahead, and nothing else.

Koda was standing there, talking to the other female Saru had scented. She walked to him and stood with her tail and head lower. She looked at the other female and gave a small smile. Hoping to make the fae feel more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Woodlands RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woodlands RP
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introduction to Mountains of Mist :: The Sapphire Pack :: The Sapphire Pack: Forest RP-
Jump to: