Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mountains of Mist, a literate wolf role play forum. These packs are located in the foothills of the beautiful Mountains of Mist. The land is nearly magical in its' wildness, as untamed as the wolves that live here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woodlands RP

Go down 
+5
Kovara
HowlingWolf
Elrondra
Melorama
Tempest
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Elrondra

Elrondra

Woodlands RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Three wolves now?! What is going on...

The only reaction Rogue gave as this wolf appeared, was more aggression. She gave a louder warning growl, and her feet were spread apart with her ears flat against her neck.

Even though this wolf had spoken Saru's name, she couldn't trust it. Knowing someones name didn't make you a friend--as Rogue had learned during her entire life.

This wolf seemed in terrible condition though. He looked as if a herd of caribou had run him over, and then he got in a fight with a cougar. Rogue knew that if she had to fight him, it wouldn't be to difficult. Although he was bigger then her, Rogue was at the moment, stronger. And her speed had never failed her. The first move she would do, would be to reopen his shoulder, then leap for his hind quaters. With his legs out of commision...

There I go again. Sizing up every wolf that I come across.
Back to top Go down
HowlingWolf
Admin
HowlingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:59 am

Suddenly, Moon and Whitefire both stopped.

"Wolves ahead; four maybe five of them." Moon said, scenting the air. "I say we just try to go around them."

Whitefire nodded. [b]"That would probably be the best."

Moon agreed with a nod and began going forwards again, even more silently as before if possible.

OOC - Sorry it's so short....
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:30 am

The large pale wolf moved forward, but also kept an eye on his two new pack mates. It was quite obvious that Ebony was ready for action. Almost too ready. She had been on the defensive for so long that it was more than instinctive to her at this point. Saru moved forward and paused for the tiniest moment, almost as if confused by something. What did she hear of smell that he hadn't, yet? No matter, he'd find out soon enough. The golden wolf called out an inquiry in a strangely excited voice.

An emaciated, wounded male stepped forward cowering in submission. He knew that in his current state he was at their mercy. He also knew Saru's name. She didn''t seem to be worried about this, in fact she seemed to recognize that damaged wolf before her. Koda gave Ebony a look that clearly said, 'At ease, soldier' and moved towards Saru and the stranger, standing tall, with a small low growl of warning to the other. More was not necessary at this point. His message was clear. He was the alpha and he was the one to answer to.

He didn't see any need to intimidate the weaker male more than that. "I am Koda. This is Ebony and you seem to know Saru already. Who are you?" His voice was firm, but not unkind. Unless Saru knew something that should prevent it, he saw no reason not to offer the paw of friendship to this male. With a quick glance it was obvious that healed and properly fed he would be a strong addition to the newly formed pack. He would see how the next few minutes went before deciding whether to extend the offer or not.
Back to top Go down
https://mountainsofmist.rpg-board.net
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Rogue understood Koda's message clearly. Very reluctantly, she stopped growling and her hackles flattened out again. But she still kept a dangerous eye on the male, and kept a very imposing stance. Until this wolf did something to earn her trust, she would stay this way.

And as always, she repeated her old habit of discretely hiding her back left paw. If they hadn't noticed it yet, there was no need to let them know now.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:00 pm

As the other male growled at him, Kieth flinched, waiting for him to attack as most of the other wolves he had met did. But nothing came. He looked at the male wolf, his ears were slightly flattened against his head. When the other wolf told him their names, he shifted uncomfortably from paw to paw. "My name is Kieth." He said after a few moments of silence. It wouldn't be so bad him knowing his name. Would it? His grey(or gray) eyes shifted from Ebony-she still didn't trust him- to Koda and then back to Saru. His shoulder was starting to sting again and he made sure no sound escaped him.

Saru looked at Koda, "He is a friend of mine. We traveled together looking for a pack. But then we got seperated." Her voice cut off at that point. She didn't want to say anything else that might mean he would be chased away. (I know. Short)
Back to top Go down
http://willowofthewisps.webs.com/
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:20 am

Rogue caught the emotion in Saru's voice. And she also noticed the look in Keith's eyes. The male was frightened, yet not a coward. This intrigued her. Most males she had met, were demanding and bad tempered, until Koda. And now this male, Keith.

Separated, huh. What happened with you two...?

Eyes that held a world of mystery and pain flashed back and forth between the wolves. She remained completely silent as she watched the conversation. Anymore information she could pick up on, she would. At the moment, Rogue wasn't going to miss a thing.
Back to top Go down
Kovara

Kovara

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Kovara padded with her eyes on the ground. The fresh scents of the green misty forest comforted her. Kovara looked up at the glowing green brush and wondered what lie beyond. Then she bolted deeper into the forest having no sense of direction. She came to a halt at the scent of other wolves her honey colored eyes lit. But then her senses came flooding in are they willing to except her into the pack?
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 am

(Kovara, please try to lengthen future posts a bit. 8-10 sentences. Thanks! )

Koda nodded at Saru's explanation. So these two had known each other in the past. It seemed that it was fortuitous that they had come upon him when the had. The male was in poor condition at the moment, but that was easy enough to change. While he showed a good amount of respect to them, given his weakened condition, he didn't cower in terror either. Saru knew him, and Koda had accepted her as his very first pack member, not even a full day prior.

He looked at Kieth with a firm stare for a moment, head and tail held high in dominance. Then he looked at Saru, so obviously happy to be reunited with her friend. Were they more than friends?, he wondered. That mattered little at this point. He needed members and if this male was willing to accept him as alpha, then he would be given a chance.

Locking his golden eyes on the male, he approached him with stiffened stance. When he stood directly before the other he stated, "If you accept my leadership, you may join us. We will hunt for you until you are better able to hunt for yourself. Then you will be expected to help provide for all of us as we will for you. Do you wish to join us?" His voice was firm, but not unkind. He merely needed to establish his place as leader, particularly with Kieth being to only other male at this point.
Back to top Go down
Kovara

Kovara

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 am

Not far of sure enough Kovara heard the voice of another, a male wolf. She crept a little closer as she heard the firm voice and as soon as she heard the words "join", and "pack." She gave out a soft bark and turned in a circle. Then I burst out of the bushes to find the wolves standing over a wounded and hungry wolf, he too was male. So with caution she sat there and politely waited so she backed up into the shadows. She cleaned her pelt making no sound then she smoothed it. The sunlight turning it a soft creamy swirl of vanilla and white. Then she thought again "What am I doing here, what am I going to say?"

As Kovara argued with her self many thoughts came over her but she pushed them away. She put her paw down and said to herself "I am here now this may be my last chance, I shall not cower under the fears I dread." So I looked at the wolves and my gaze froze as I prepared for what might happen.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 am

Once again, Rogue's reaction was far from pleasant. Hackles raised she snarled again as the wolf popped in and popped back out. It was maddening-- all these wolves arriving at such a close time span.

Wary of this new wolf, Rogue shifted her hard eyes towards Koda. What would his instructions be? She wanted to just leap after the wolf and tell it to leave, or fight. That was her initial reaction to any new wolf. She supposed, though, that her normal reactions would have to change. She hated the thought though.

With a most terrifying snarl, Rogue took another step towards the bushes where the wolf lay. If Koda didn't tell her otherwise soon, she might take this into her own paws...
Back to top Go down
Kovara

Kovara

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 am

Kovara froze all of her stomache dropped it was as if her mind had died. As she stared into the approaching wolf`s eyes she swalowed hard. Her lungs stopped she could hardly breathe as she thought "this is it, the end of me." But then she felt her body lurch she was cowering she could not believe she had broken her promise she thought "All this way just pushed away, NO she snorted I am going to fight this battle I deserve a place in this!" As her muscles tensed she found her feet and raised her hackles looking into the wolf`s eyes. Kovara had never fought before she was always the one to stand back and watch. But it was in her blood if they could do it so could she blinked and shook her head ready for combat.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Kieth waited a bit before replying, he wanted to think it over before he made a decision. His eyes had a sort of glazed look as he thought, almost like he was in a dream. After a few moments he looked at Koda and spoke, "I understand what I have to do." He gave a brief pause before continuing. "I'll do my best to help in any way I can." He saw something pop in and back out from a bush, he shifted his gaze to the bushes that Ebony was growling at. Another wolf. It had been a long time when he had seen so many wolves in one place. His hackles rose automatically and he gave a low growl, if this wolf was dangerous he wanted to help protect his new pack members. Whatever the cost was.

Ooc-Sorry it's so short.

Last edited by Melorama on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kovara

Kovara

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Her mind had regreted everything she had done in the past 10 minutes. "Why had she come here in the first place?" As Kovara shifted into a crouching position. Her muscles relieved and her body curled into a ball. All that she had encouraged herself to do she released the growl in her throat and stared at the wolves. This is not what she imagined to happen in her mind. Her gaze flickered over to the other wolf. His muscles tensed and ready to attack. She pleaded in her mind for freedom or trust. The least thing that was needed was a fight. Especially against ALL of these wolves she did not even know. Her whole spirit sunk this was not going to work. As Kovara rolled onto her back she closed her eyes and let out a whimper. The least she could do was make sure they see that she wasn`t trying to over take them and their ranks. All Kovara wanted to do was be part of the pack.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 am

Saru looked at the bushes where the wolf dashed and back in. This puzzled her. Why come out when your just going to go in again? Her eyes flicked to Ebony, she was on the verge of attacking this wolf. Turning to Koda, she quarried, "What should we do?"

There was a soft thud and Saru snapped her eyes to the other fae. She had rolled onto her back and was showing that she meant no harm. Her gaze went to Koda again, what would he do? It wasn't her choice wether the fae joined or not, but she felt as if she had to do something.

Hesitantly, she stepped forward until there was only a slight gap between her and Ebony. "Don't attack, we don't know if she is dangerous or not." She didn't want a fight breaking out, not now.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Teeth still flashing, Rogue glanced sideways at Saru. It was pretty obvious to her now that this wolf meant no harm. But trust and faith were qualities that she didn't partake in. Koda had been making no move to intervene, and Rogue was used to taking things into her own hands.

Taking another step closer, Rogue's eyes glinted dangerously as she studied the wolf before her. It was very submissive, that could be said for sure. Her teeth no longer threatening--yet her eyes still very much so, Rogue finished looking this wolf up and down. A disapproving sneeze escaped her as she looked over at Koda.

The look Rogue gave him was obvious. She could run this wolf off if he wanted her to. It made no difference to her.

OOC- Dearest Rogue, will you ever approve of a wolf? XD
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 am

( I am sooo sorry for my extended absence, everyone. It was inexcusable! I will be here regularly once more!)

It seemed that when it rained it poured. In two short days, he had met Saru and Ebony and they had both agreed to join him. Now before him was his first potential male recruit and despite his current weakened state, Koda was well pleased with his attitude so far. Just as the male, Keith, was accepting his terms, a slight commotion seemed to be breaking out behind him and he turned in unison with Kieth towards it.

The sight that met him was a cowering female, completely submissive before the angry glare and threat of Ebony. Saru was trying to smooth the situation over in her own quiet manner, while they waited for his decision on the future of the one before him. The look on her face told that she wanted to be anywhere but where she was right now. He had not seen what had transpired to lead up to the current situation, but he had to trust the instincts of his new recruits. Ebony had stayed her attack even though every fiber of her seemed to beg to attack the other female. Koda looked at the scared female, not unkidnly. "You may get up now." There was really no need to keep her on her back as she had already shown her abject submission.

(Due to a PM about her intent to leave, I am going to PP an exodus, but will allow for her to return if she wishes at a later date!)

She slowly slid to her feet, keeping wary eyes on Ebony. Then she looked at Koda and shook her head slightly, backing away slowly before she turned and made her exit from them.

Koda sighed as he watched her retreating form, wishing that he'd at least had the chance to talk to her. Perhaps she would find them again someday. He gave Ebony a quick look that told her to leave the retreating fae be an then he shot a sad look at Saru with a small shrug of his shoulders. Turning to Kieth, he gave him a welcoming smile for they hadn't had the chance to complete their joining ritual. With a respectful nod at their newest member Koda said, "Welcome to the pack! And now we are four... "
Back to top Go down
Roza

Roza

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:57 pm

The weather was pleasant. . .not too hot and not to cold. . it just seemed to be cool, the perfect weather to be running in. Brown paws skidded over the rocky paths, digging into the brown female's paws as she ran. Her tongue was hanging out of her mouth as she repeatedly looked back behind her. Brother would no longer be chasing her, she had lost him, for now, and hopefully he wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. She was sure that her paws were bleeding but she couldn't stop running, it was what she had been born to do from the beginning of her life, apparently.

Soon, many scents crossed her nostrils. Was she near a pack? Surely not, no boundaries were scented where she came from. Her course changed, away from the scents and she continued running. She would not go back ever again. She was going to stay in this land, the land she was familiar with. With her paws skidding, she was soon horrified. She had choosen the wrong turn and she had ended up right in front of them.

Her muscles didn't brace themselves in time and she was soon colliding into a large golden male, one that looked quite familiar. That, however, did not register in her mind at the moment. Her ears pinned back, she crouched, and then a large snarl emitted from her muzzle. Fear, was easily scentible on her fur and in her green eyes. Too many wolves were crowded around her. . .but soon, enough sense was readible in Nina's eyes and her mouth soon opened, "Koda?"

OOC: There you go, Tempest! I got up your post! <3
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 pm

(Glad to have you back Tempest! Very Happy)

Kieth returned the smile, he felt more welcomed in the pack now, like they were his family. His ruff smoothed down and he gave a few wags with his tail. In the short time he had spent with his new pack mates, his mood had lightened and he felt more comfortable just being around them.

His eyes held a sparkle that hadn't been there for a long time and he felt a new strength inside him. He would protect them even if it meant giving up his life for them.

Just when he thought it couldn't get any better, a wolf collided into Koda. His hackles rasied for the third time that day and he gave a low, menacing growl. If she did anything hostile to his new packmates, he would react.

When she spoke, he froze completly. This wolf knew Koda. He stopped growling but kept his eyes on her. Even though she knew Koda, he didn't know whether she could be trusted or not.
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Rogue was beginning to feel that she was jumping from one threat, to the next. Good grief, another wolf?! This is madness. And increasingly uncomfortable. Too many wolves, one of them will recognize me.

Hackles raised--they had never really lowered in the past few moments, anyways-- Rogue kept her snarl to a low rumble. This wolf knew Koda, so she assumed he wouldn't want her killed. But she still wanted to be sure the message was clear: any wrong move would be her last move.

Clear and viperous eyes studied the wolf, unblinking and quite threatening. It was her nature to be this cautious. She still didn't completely trust Keith, or even Saru and Koda. Of course she trusted Koda and Saru more than the others, but it was still a cautious relationship.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 am

Saru almost jumped in fright when a she-wolf collided with Koda. She shook her head in confusion. So many wolves in one day, first Kieth, then the other fae and now this wolf. She felt her hackles raise and growled softly, she wasn't the fighting type but would help protect her new friends and family in any way she could.

Her eyes traveled to Koda as the fae spoke. So she knew him, but for how long? And were they friends? Did he know her? So many questions ran through her mind that she didn't even register them all. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again. Now might not be a good time to intervene.

Quietly, she backed up, away from the new wolf until she was standing next to Kieth. Her eyes showed all of her emotions, confusion, fear, mistrust. "Do you think she is dangerous?" She whispered to him. "No, but we should still watch out for her," came his rumbling reply.

Eyes trained on Koda, she waited to see how he would react. Her hackles had lowered slightly, but she was still in her defense mode, ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Admin
Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 am

As he watched the fae move off into the distance, another sound caught his attention. He turned just in time to see a wolf sliding into him. He barely had time to shift so that he didn't get completely knocked of of his feet. As she came to a stop below him, a defensive snarl erupted from her. Until she looked up and her emerald green eyes met his own golden ones. 'Koda?' He was in shock as he saw a ghost before him. Could it be? No other wolf could have her golden brown coat and those telling green eyes. "Nina? Is it really you?" His voice was a hoarse whisper.

He had seen no one that he had known from before the fire. He had waited so long at the den. A year had passed and he had long since given up the hope that any of his friends or family had survived the freak wildfire. Yet, here was his dear friend. His eyes were wide with disbelief and he couldn't get any more words past his shocked lips. He glanced around at each member of his new pack, briefly, before retuning his eyes back to Nina. With a gulp he asked again, "Nina?" although there was no doubt in his mind who he was looking at. His eyes told him the truth, but his mind was having trouble grasping it.
Back to top Go down
Melorama

Melorama

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 am

Saru watched in interest, she was also confused. So Koda did know this wolf, Nina he said her name was. But where from? She saw the look in his eyes and became even more confused, was she a pack mate of his? Or a close friend?

More questions bombarded her as she tried to grasp what was happening here. She didn't want to interrupt them, but at the same time wanted to know what was going on. Her hackles lowered and she let herself relax, so far, Nina wasn't dangerous.

Ooc-Sorry. Brainfart >.>

Back to top Go down
Roza

Roza

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Her tail soon lowered, knowing that this wolf was no threat to her. They were indeed friends from the past and seeing him again brought a simple jot into her eyes. She hadn't known he had survived the lightning storm that had attacked his pack. . .but seeing him once again, brought a large smile onto her face. It had been about a year since she had seem his gorgerous face and seeing an old friend was not a bad thing for her. No more running would have to be in order for her now. Koda had always protected her, as she had protected him, when they were together. . .hopefully, none of that had changed.

He too seemed shocked by her arrival but he couldn't seem to be fitting the pievces of her being here together yet. It did not hurt her though, she too had not known that he had survived. These reactions were somewhat expected. Growing back to her full height her ears raised, now facing him, no sign of submission there within her. This was her friend and tjhe two of them had always been equals around the other. She only hoped these things wouldn't change. With a small grin and a few wags of her tail she spoke, "Yes, Koda. It's me!"
Back to top Go down
Elrondra

Elrondra

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am

Rogue had to resist the temptation to blurt out her thoughts. Great! You two know each other, great old friends from the past. Another wolf to tag along. Now that its settled can we get a move on? The next thing you know a few of my bounty hunters will pop out and want to join the pack so they can slit my throat during the night.

Now pacing away from the others, Rogue kept a close eye on the events occurring. She tried her best to smooth the hackles and resist the snarl. It was a reaction, a habit. This wolf seemed peculiar. She had an odd scent. But it seemed Koda and her were once really good friends. So she kept her mouth shut. Albeit it was tempting.

I am beginning to think more and more that the pack life isn't suited for me. I don't like wolves. Yet here I am surrounded by numerous wolves whom's past I don't know. I need to tread very carefully.
Back to top Go down
Kovara

Kovara

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Kovara skidded to a halt about 25 feet away. She was scattered her mind lost it. Her paws led her to a stream running through the expanse of trees. She kneeled down and lapped at the crystal clear water. She placed her paw over the stream and her other followed. Kovara looked into the sky that was hazed by the light mist forming. Hers head steered left and right trying to find a place to rest. She still remembered her flee from the wolves. Many things failed in her hope, faith, faith, and trust. Her nerves were unstable.

Kovara slowly padded towards a small crack in a boulder. She leaned forwards and stuck her nose closer. There was no trace of any other animal. Once it was clarified that it was clear she slipped into the hole. She turned to face outside and she layed with her head on her paws. Her eyes gently flickered back over to the stream and held a gaze. Until Kovara was fast asleep. Her dream thought of each wolf, each holding there ground and staring at her. She wasn't yet ready to take on the whole pack. Although she longed to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woodlands RP   Woodlands RP - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woodlands RP
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introduction to Mountains of Mist :: The Sapphire Pack :: The Sapphire Pack: Forest RP-
Jump to: